normal Issue with the Jarvis Installer

More
9 years 5 months ago #7803 by Kevin Morrison
So I am testing with your framework and tried to install it and have some questions.

First in the installer/template package there is the quickstart demo package and some installer package. The readme does not tell me squat about what this second package is and honestly when I install a package I am expecting a package. Here it appears I have to decompress the installer package and install some plugins and a template file? Why do you offer a package if I still have to assemble it?

I did get it installed and because the Joomla package was out of date I went to update it and got an instant error that I have never seen before. Here is the error that was thrown at me.,

1062 Duplicate entry '437' for key 'PRIMARY' SQL=INSERT INTO `nrptq_extensions` (`extension_id`, `name`, `type`, `element`, `folder`, `client_id`, `enabled`, `access`, `protected`, `manifest_cache`, `params`, `custom_data`, `system_data`, `checked_out`, `checked_out_time`, `ordering`, `state`) VALUES (437, 'plg_quickicon_joomlaupdate', 'plugin', 'joomlaupdate', 'quickicon', 0, 1, 1, 1, '', '{}', '', '', 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, 0), (438, 'plg_quickicon_extensionupdate', 'plugin', 'extensionupdate', 'quickicon', 0, 1, 1, 1, '', '{}', '', '', 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, 0);

This error has plagued me before but only on a migration. Is this a fresh install of Joomla 3 or was this the product of a migration from 2.5? This indicates to me that the database has deprecated tables and needs to be cleaned. Here are the database errors that had to be fixed.

Database schema version (None) does not match CMS version (3.3.4-2014-08-03).
Table 'nrptq_user_profiles' does not have column 'profile_value' with type 'TEXT'. (From file 3.3.4-2014-08-03.sql.)

So in the end I would really just like to know what this second package with the plugins is and why they are not just part of the installer package?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #7804 by Linh Robert
Hi,
If you want to try Jarvis template framework, you just need download www.omegatheme.com/otfreetemplates/jooml...nstaller_package.zip .

Install a fresh Joomla! 3, extract it (Jarvis_Installer_package.zip) first, then install the plg_jarvis.zip, active it. After that install starter template (tpl_omstarter.zip). You can install shortcode plugins if you want. So you can start make your own template with your design.

The quickstart demo package of EnterDesign template there is for example which already included extensions (framework, template, modules, etc.). So you do not need install any other package. That is just a demo package, and the database shema can be fixed by click "Fix" button.

Thanks!

If you need to send us FTP access / host access, administrator access or any private information:
services(at)omegatheme(dot)com or drop a ticket www.omegatheme.com/member/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.261 seconds

About Growth

Innovative tech for eCommerce growth

Contact Info

Head: No. 3, 175/55 Lane, Lac Long Quan St., Nghia Do Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi City, Vietnam