normal Add more extends positions...

More
10 years 5 months ago #6133 by Esteban Cena
Hello.. excelente template...
I would like to know if there is way to create an extend3 and extend4 position...
i really don`t care very much if them use the same styling that the extend2 or extend1...
i just dont want to start the modification in the wrong files...
if anyone have a clue how to...
thks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #6135 by Linh Robert
Hi,
You can easily add more position if you know how to add a position into a Joomla template.
For example, we will add position extend3 after the extend2, as below:
+ Edit template index.php, find block of code:
Code:
<?php if($this->countModules('extend2')) { ?> <div id="mega_hextend2" class="mega_extend2"> <div id="mega_extend2_w" class="mega_extend2_w"> <div class="mega_extend2_i"> <jdoc:include type="modules" name="extend2" style="xhtml" /> </div> </div> </div> <?php } ?>
right after above block, add this block:
Code:
<?php if($this->countModules('extend3')) { ?> <div id="mega_hextend3" class="mega_extend3"> <div id="mega_extend3_w" class="mega_extend3_w"> <div class="mega_extend3_i"> <jdoc:include type="modules" name="extend3" style="xhtml" /> </div> </div> </div> <?php } ?>

Save the file. go to backend, add a module to this new position (in position text input, type: extend3).

That's it. You can follow the current modules and menu items setting (of your installed site) to follow.

Thanks

If you need to send us FTP access / host access, administrator access or any private information:
services(at)omegatheme(dot)com or drop a ticket Notice: Undefined variable: target in /home/omegatheme/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/aurelia/layouts/bbcode/url/default.php on line 32
> www.omegatheme.com/member/

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #6145 by Esteban Cena
thanks for the quick answer... thats exactly what i did...
and en the template details add the extended3 position to the list..
I did it before i read de reply.. but i got the next problem
i didn´t manage to set the position in the right location of the webpage...
at first it was over the wrapper content... overlaped
then i manage to set with the right paddin like the others extends.. but not to set like a new content... i`m missing someting.. of how to set it after the extend2 in the webpage...
i have been looking in the megascript.js
in there are declaration of extends and the others positions with ifs and elses...
mi php knownledge is basic but still trying to make it work

sorry for the english... high school level :(
thanks in advance
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Esteban Cena.

More
10 years 5 months ago #6165 by Esteban Cena
Anyone have done it before?
someone can help with this...
adding that code only create a new position... but how can i do to get the position in the right place in the webpage...
i have been looking around in the css files but the only place i found lines refered to the position settings were in the megascript.js file
there is something i`m missing?
thks

More
10 years 5 months ago #6166 by Linh Robert

thisban wrote: adding that code only create a new position... but how can i do to get the position in the right place in the webpage...
i have been looking around in the css files but the only place i found lines refered to the position settings were in the megascript.js file
there is something i`m missing?
thks

You are right that you need add more code in megascript.js in this case. And you can see js code of current position, extend2 for example, to have the addittional code for extend3.

Thanks

If you need to send us FTP access / host access, administrator access or any private information:
services(at)omegatheme(dot)com or drop a ticket Notice: Undefined variable: target in /home/omegatheme/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/aurelia/layouts/bbcode/url/default.php on line 32
> www.omegatheme.com/member/

Time to create page: 0.284 seconds

About Growth

Innovative tech for eCommerce growth

Contact Info

Head: No. 3, 175/55 Lane, Lac Long Quan St., Nghia Do Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi City, Vietnam