normal OT News with breadcrumb and URL format

More
11 years 10 months ago #1379 by yesgogogo chou
I really love this tiny but powerful module, it helps me a lot!
Thanks for your development :woohoo:

After play with it, I have some questions.
One is breadcrumb.
I apply joomla(2.5) built-in breadcrumb to the whole site, except home page.
I found the "hidden menu" will show on the breadcrumb.
How can I make it invisible?

One is article's URL.
It seems the article's URL will be "indexed" if we link to that article from OT News.
For example, if I go to the article from main menu, the URL is like below.
http://localhost/index.php/branch/east-store
If from OT News, the URL will become
http://localhost/index.php/hidden-news/1-branch/3-east-store

In your demo-site, the URL is
demo.omegatheme.com/index.php/mega-news/...isciplinary-decision

Can I make the URL like the usual? not showing sequence number ?

Need your advice!

Thanks a lot!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #1380 by Linh Robert
Hi,

For the Breadcrumbs, very sorry to say that no solution. So you can name it "News" or something look better the word "Hidden News".

For URL, the number you see is the id of category and id of article. It comes from this code (helper.php):
Code:
$item->slug = $item->id.':'.$item->alias; $item->catslug = $item->catid.':'.$item->category_alias; if ($access || in_array($item->access, $authorised)) { // We know that user has the privilege to view the article $item->link = JRoute::_(ContentHelperRoute::getArticleRoute($item->slug, $item->catslug).$menu_itemid); }
You can change the code to:
Code:
$item->slug = $item->alias; $item->catslug = $item->category_alias; if ($access || in_array($item->access, $authorised)) { // We know that user has the privilege to view the article $item->link = JRoute::_(ContentHelperRoute::getArticleRoute($item->slug, $item->catslug).$menu_itemid); }
And the number will go out (though not recommended).

Thanks for using our products!

If you need to send us FTP access / host access, administrator access or any private information:
services(at)omegatheme(dot)com or drop a ticket Notice: Undefined variable: target in /home/omegatheme/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/aurelia/layouts/bbcode/url/default.php on line 32
> www.omegatheme.com/member/
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by Linh Robert. Reason: add file specification: helper.php
The following user(s) said Thank You: yesgogogo chou

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.280 seconds

About Growth

Innovative tech for eCommerce growth

Contact Info

Head: No. 3, 175/55 Lane, Lac Long Quan St., Nghia Do Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi City, Vietnam