normal I can not install the template.

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #4916 by Nicolas Amancay
I can not install the template.
When I do the installation from the admin panel of joomla, zipped up the package I get the following error, "Can not find the XML file Joomla", "The path does not have a valid package."

When I upload the package to ftp and I want to install manually, is left wondering after selecting the language.

URL

many Thanks
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Linh Robert. Reason: remove account detail

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #4921 by Linh Robert
Hi,
The template package downloaded need to be extract first in your disk drive.

After extracted, you will see:
+ A "quick start demo package": this is the full site demo package. you can extract and upload (uploaded then use cpanel to extract). Create database and then install. After install you have the full site as our demo.
See more detail at this tutorial .

+ A template only installable zip file: this file is install via Extension Manager of an exists site. This just install the template. You need install included extensions, too.

Ps: We browsed your site and seem you installing a Joomla!3? Please tell us more detail so we can help.

Also please do not paste your account detail or any sensitive information here, please send us via services(at)omegatheme(dot)com if you need help.

Thanks!

If you need to send us FTP access / host access, administrator access or any private information:
services(at)omegatheme(dot)com or drop a ticket www.omegatheme.com/member/

More
10 years 10 months ago #4925 by Nicolas Amancay
hello,

I was doing a test that appeared the version 3.1, but I'm back to leave it as before, passing some data in case it helps.

PHP Version 5.4.13
phpMyAdmin version 3.5.1

I have copied all around the demo pack, but it remains hung after selecting the language.

Thanks for the help and not to do.

regards

More
10 years 10 months ago #4927 by Linh Robert
Hi,
Some tips can help in the case your server / host have the error reporting setting which cause failure when run Joomla! with new PHP.

If you can change global php.ini or put a php.ini in your root of site (www or public_html).
Edit that php.ini and change or add this setting:
Code:
error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT
save file and try!

If your host/server doese not allow to overide the php settings by above way, you may need add/change this in global php.ini and you need restart the server.
If you do not have permission to do this, please contact your host/server administrator to get help.

Hope this help.

Thanks!

If you need to send us FTP access / host access, administrator access or any private information:
services(at)omegatheme(dot)com or drop a ticket www.omegatheme.com/member/

Time to create page: 0.260 seconds

About Growth

Innovative tech for eCommerce growth

Contact Info

Head: No. 3, 175/55 Lane, Lac Long Quan St., Nghia Do Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi City, Vietnam