normal Product Details Page

More
11 years 10 months ago #1343 by Leonard Wendland
I have a few questions...

1) Please explain to me how I can set up my product details page like in the attached image.

2) Also notice the "Reviews" tab in the bottom left of the image. How can I remove that? I have everything that pertains to "Reviews" set to "off" in the backend, but it persists.

3) When I log-in I get an error saying: "empty password not allowed". How can I correct this?

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Respectfully,
Len
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #1345 by Linh Robert
Hi,
To modify the layout of product details page, please edit /templates/ot_sportshop/html/com_virtuemart/productdetails/default.php and other files in /templates/ot_sportshop/html/com_virtuemart/productdetails/ if need.

To completely remove the Review tab, edit /templates/ot_sportshop/html/com_virtuemart/productdetails/default.php and find this code at the bottom of file and remove it:
Code:
//Show Review echo $pane->startPanel(JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_REVIEWS'), 'otcustom-title-tab-'.$i++); echo $this->loadTemplate('reviews');

When I log-in I get an error saying: "empty password not allowed". How can I correct this?

I guess you are using Joomla 2.5 version. Please remove or rename the folder /templates/ot_sportshop/html/mod_login.

Thanks

If you need to send us FTP access / host access, administrator access or any private information:
services(at)omegatheme(dot)com or drop a ticket Notice: Undefined variable: target in /home/omegatheme/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/aurelia/layouts/bbcode/url/default.php on line 32
> www.omegatheme.com/member/

More
11 years 10 months ago #1346 by Leonard Wendland
If I edit the product details page, /templates/ot_sportshop/html/com_virtuemart/productdetails/default.php and other files in /templates/ot_sportshop/html/com_virtuemart/productdetails/ how will Virtuemart know to put the information I want there?

Should I use custom fields instead?

Also...

If I rename the the folder /templates/ot_sportshop/html/mod_login will it still keep the styling as it is now?

Thank you for your help!

Respectfully,
Len

More
11 years 10 months ago #1347 by Linh Robert

If I rename the the folder /templates/ot_sportshop/html/mod_login will it still keep the styling as it is now?

If it does not keep the styling, you can edit /templates/ot_sportshop/html/mod_login/default.php and find the code:
Code:
<input ... name="passwd" .../>
and correct the name="password"
So not need remove or rename it.

If I edit the product details page, /templates/ot_sportshop/html/com_virtuemart/productdetails/default.php and other files in /templates/ot_sportshop/html/com_virtuemart/productdetails/ how will Virtuemart know to put the information I want there?

Should I use custom fields instead?

You can export or var_dump the product variable and know what you can show. I see almost you need to show as screenshot is set-able in backend product edit.
You also can use custom fields for custom attributes.

Thanks

If you need to send us FTP access / host access, administrator access or any private information:
services(at)omegatheme(dot)com or drop a ticket Notice: Undefined variable: target in /home/omegatheme/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/aurelia/layouts/bbcode/url/default.php on line 32
> www.omegatheme.com/member/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leonard Wendland

More
11 years 10 months ago #1348 by Leonard Wendland
Everything you suggested worked correctly. Thank you!

Respectfully,
Len

Time to create page: 0.285 seconds

About Growth

Innovative tech for eCommerce growth

Contact Info

Head: No. 3, 175/55 Lane, Lac Long Quan St., Nghia Do Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi City, Vietnam