normal OT News - miss the action from read more

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #600 by BC Goeman
Hello,

You did not enter my website wich you wanted to do for me, to help yet?

I saw this new topic with my reply and yours on it with an answer (see below that answer)
I followed the link you wrote for the solution.
But you make it a bit too difficult for me.
My php is not that good for writing something good wich will work...
And I do not want to use it on the home page...
I hope you understand that this NEWS module is so nice that people will use it everywhere on websites, I think.....

Can you do for us what you did for the other person See it below?
"Hi,
You can download the modified version of Mega MiniNews module (mod_megamininews) included in mega_eSporter for Joomla 1.7. I 've added support Itemid params and you can add an Itemid of page you want.
Just download, install (not need to remove old one) and then config."

Hi Lorenzo,

As user "gwszvh" said, you can see that topic. The problem can called: module appears again.
The Ot News is designed for homepage, so if:
1. you put the module at homepage,
2. choose module to display at homepage only (in menu assignment section when edit module in back-end)

If you meet 2 above conditions, then when click to readmore or link, it shows article on the page which module won't appear again. (See demos here)
If you put module on inner page, the module will still show when you click to readmore or link.

gwszvh wrote:

My topic has a few answers with no solution yet for me. Maybe it will work for you.
Its called "OT News - miss the action from read more"

Actually we have "The solution for all that cases" - that is "add custom Itemid to the readmore link and article link, then choose module not shown on that Itemid/page". This solution required you know some about Joomla, php so can modify the module.

There is a topic same this problem and solved, another module, but can help you all understand why.
www.omegatheme.com/ot-esporter/module-view.html

Thanks for using our products!

Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by BC Goeman. Reason: did not write it correctly
The following user(s) said Thank You: makcim makcimov

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #603 by Linh Robert
Hi,

You did not enter my website wich you wanted to do for me, to help yet?

We're sorry for did not receive your website information, maybe something wrong with email system!?.

We will modify this module as several requests, hope have time to done this soon. Keep seeing on this thread
www.omegatheme.com/ot-news/
:)

Thanks

If you need to send us FTP access / host access, administrator access or any private information:
services(at)omegatheme(dot)com or drop a ticket Notice: Undefined variable: target in /home/omegatheme/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/aurelia/layouts/bbcode/url/default.php on line 32
> www.omegatheme.com/member/

More
12 years 2 months ago #605 by Linh Robert
Hi,
I've uploaded the modified version here - please login to download (if it ask you login twice).

The usage:
1. Create a hidden menu and add a menu item called "journaal" - for example. I call it hidden menu because we don't publish the module of that menu on front-end, just create and publish menu and menu-item.
2. After create menu-item, you'll have menu item id. Paste that number at Itemid parameter of OT News module. Also, at Menu Assignment area, choose:
- Module Assignment: only the pages selected.
- Menu Selection: please only select menu and menu item at the step 1.

That's all. when click to any article links or readmore links, it will show that article on the page specified.

Goodluck!

If you need to send us FTP access / host access, administrator access or any private information:
services(at)omegatheme(dot)com or drop a ticket Notice: Undefined variable: target in /home/omegatheme/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/aurelia/layouts/bbcode/url/default.php on line 32
> www.omegatheme.com/member/

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #610 by BC Goeman
Thanks for the new module...

But unfortunally I cannot install the new module
I get a few errors...

I have sent you my admin login and password.
I hope you can arrange it for me... we are in public air with this new site no, but my client is not happy yet.. :( Many thanks again

See the file what the problem is...

Attachment installproblem.png not found

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by BC Goeman.

More

Notice: Undefined variable: end_tag_params in /home/omegatheme/public_html/libraries/kunena/External/Nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2321

Notice: Undefined variable: end_tag_params in /home/omegatheme/public_html/libraries/kunena/External/Nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2321

12 years 2 months ago #611 by Trung Duong
Hello,

You should change permissions for folders to 755 to install extension to your site.

Thanks for using our product!

Support email: services(at)omegatheme(dot)com

Follow Us to keep updated!

[img

[img

[img]...[/img]

[img]...[/img]

[img]...[/img]

More
12 years 2 months ago #612 by BC Goeman
Okay a very dull misunderstanding B)
This site is served by an -for me- unkown server and need some changes there.

THank you!!

Time to create page: 0.293 seconds

About Growth

Innovative tech for eCommerce growth

Contact Info

Head: No. 3, 175/55 Lane, Lac Long Quan St., Nghia Do Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi City, Vietnam